Substation and Transmission Industry Solutions
Products for Substation and Transmission Applications:
As the substation and transmission industry has grown – so has our involvement. Today, we supply products and services that span the entire scope of the Substation and Transmission industry.
To support your needs, BURNDY® offers a wide range of products, both bolted and welded, for voltages up to 1,100kV. Our state-of-the-art engineering capabilities allow us to quickly develop the connectors needed for even the most demanding substation configurations. With competitive prices and lead times that are adjusted to your project, consider contacting BURNDY® for your next substation project.
Drawing from our experience building and manufacturing transmission connectors for the original grid, BRUNDY® is leading the way for 21st-century transmission lines. In fact, our ACSS and ACCC® connectors meet the proposed requirements of the future ANSI high-temperature standard.
BURNDY® Motion Control products have been used on bundle conductors since the 1960s. This experience enables us to provide Spacer Damper products along with placement recommendations for optimum performance. Stockbridge Dampers are designed to enhance conductor life by lessening the potential vibration-induced fatigue.
BURNDY® is The Grounding Superstore™.
The Grounding Superstore™ is home to three versatile grounding systems: Mechanical Grounding, BURNDYWeld® Exothermic Grounding and HYGROUND Irreversible Compression Grounding.
BURNDY® IMPLO® will save you time and money on the job. IMPLO® connectors are compatible with a wide range of ACSR, ACSS, ACSS/TW, ASC and ASC/TW conductors. Read more >> Experience
- We bring over 85 years of experience in engineering and manufacturing of quality connectors and tooling to the electrical industry.
- Our proven, safe and reliable connector solutions stand up to the most challenging application requirements and also maximize performance and network reliability.
- Total Project Support – We encourage all our customers to take advantage of our expertise. In fact, you may be able to reduce both time and cost when our experienced sales team helps you select the best solution for your application and provides technical training. The end result is enhanced overall system performance and reliability.
- Innovative Technology – BURNDY® is recognized as the global leader for innovation in engineering and manufacturing of high quality compression connectors, grounding products and installation tooling for the telecommunications industry.
- Quality Commitment – BURNDY® uses our in-house, certified test lab to ensure our products comply with specific requirements for ANCE, ANSI, ASTM, CSA, IEC, IEEE, the military, NEMA, NUPIC, OSHA, SAE and UL, among others.
- Eliminate Risk – We design and manufacture the BURNDY® Engineering System – an integrated connector system (tool + die + connector).
- New Solutions – Thanks to our ongoing collaboration with our customers, we offer a constant flow of innovative solutions for the substation and transmission industry.
- To answer the need for long-term reliability, the BURNDY® Engineered System provides visual evidence of our commitment to dependability and long-term performance.
- BURNDY® offers a total package of grounding solutions (HYGROUND®, BURNDYWeld® and mechanical grounding that satisfy requirements for critical grounding applications in the solar industry today and in the future.
Trust the BURNDY® Engineered System – Made in the USA
The BURNDY® Engineered System of coordinating dies, connectors and tools are always designed to work together and engineered to meet stringent, accepted quality standards.
| ||The PATRIOT® IN-LINE® PATMD6-14V hydraulic crimping tool provides trouble-free operation with more crimps per charge, an ergonomic design and a 14.4V nickel-metal hydride (Ni-MH) battery. The high-speed hydraulic pump generates six tons of crimping force for use on many styles of connectors. |
| ||With superior-strength machine aluminum, the BURNDY® ENFORCERTM model HIW716ENF is the lightest and strongest 7/16-inch hydraulic impact wrench on the market. With its unsurpassed 515 foot-pounds of torque, the ENFORCERTM simplifies and expedites hole drilling as well as hardware tightening/loosening. |
| ||With four interchangeable cutting blades, the BURNDY® PATHCC10 is an innovative, compact and mobile tool that can be customized for varied applications. With the PATHCC10's unique C-head, you don't need to release a latch before scooping and cutting. |
| ||The BURNDY® single-acting Y60BHU and double-acting Y6BHU-D HYPRESSTM tools provide fast, easy operation with durability and long life expectancy. Both tools accommodate the same L dies designed for copper and aluminum code cables, aerial conductor sizes through 2500 kcmil and ACSR through 2156 (84/19) str. |