BURNDY® developed and manufactured transmission connectors for the original grid. Now we are leading the way for the 21st-century transmission lines.
BURNDY® offers a complete line of compression connectors to accommodate ACSR, ACSS, and ACCC® conductors. In fact, our ACSS and ACCC® connectors meet the proposed requirements of the future ANSI high-temperature standard.
BURNDY® Motion Control products have been used on bundle conductors since the 1960s. This experience enables us to provide Spacer Damper products along with placement recommendations for optimum performance. Stockbridge Dampers are designed to enhance conductor life by lessening potential vibration-induced fatigue.
Products for Transmission Applications:
As the transmission industry has grown – so has our involvement. Today, we supply products and services that span the entire scope of the transmission industry.
BURNDY® is The Grounding Superstore™.
The Grounding Superstore™ is home to three versatile grounding systems: Mechanical Grounding, BURNDYWeld® Exothermic Grounding and HYGROUND Irreversible Compression Grounding.
BURNDY® IMPLO® will save you time and money on the job. IMPLO® connectors are compatible with a wide range of ACSR, ACSS, ACSS/TW, ASC and ASC/TW conductors. Read more >> Experience
- We bring over 85 years of experience in engineering and manufacturing of quality connectors and tooling to the electrical industry.
- Our proven, safe and reliable connector solutions stand up to the most challenging application requirements and also maximize performance and network reliability.
- Total Project Support – We encourage all our customers to take advantage of our expertise. In fact, you may be able to reduce both time and cost when our experienced sales team helps you select the best solution for your application and provides technical training. The end result is enhanced overall system performance and reliability.
- Innovative Technology – BURNDY® is recognized as the global leader for innovation in engineering and manufacturing of high quality compression connectors, grounding products and installation tooling for the transmission industry.
- Quality Commitment – BURNDY® uses our in-house, certified test lab to ensure our products comply with specific requirements for ANCE, ANSI, ASTM, CSA, IEC, IEEE, the military, NEMA, NUPIC, OSHA, SAE and UL, among others.
- Eliminate Risk – We design and manufacture the BURNDY® Engineering System – an integrated connector system (tool + die + connector).
- New Solutions – Thanks to our ongoing collaboration with our customers, we offer a constant flow of innovative solutions for the transmission industry.
- To answer the need for long-term reliability, the BURNDY® Engineered System provides visual evidence of our commitment to dependability and long-term performance.
- BURNDY® offers a total package of grounding solutions (HYGROUND®, BURNDYWeld® and mechanical grounding that satisfy requirements for critical grounding applications in the transmission industry today and in the future.
Trust the BURNDY® Engineered System – Made in the USA
The BURNDY® Engineered System of coordinating dies, connectors and tools are always designed to work together and engineered to meet stringent, accepted quality standards.