The BURNDY® WEJTAP™ connector system is uniquely designed to provide unmatched reliability both in terms of tooling operation and long-term performance of the connection itself. A result of our innovative design, the BURNDY® wedge connectors produce superior clamping forces and have enhanced debris dispersal - allowing oxide inhibitor/contaminants to flow out of the way of direct metal-to-metal contact. An integral part of the WEJTAP™ system, the weather-proof, rim-fired booster, has a unique recessed power cell for added safety. With misfires being exceedingly rare, fast loading and unloading and quick clean up; the WEJTAP™ system is very cost effective. Safety is of paramount importance at BURNDY, in keeping with our long history within the industry, the WEJTAP™ system incorporates numerous redundant, repeatable safety devices. WEJTAP™ is by far the safest and most user-friendly fired-on wedge connector systems available. Our installation tool safely and automatically releases residual gases forward (away from the user) during tool back-off and removal from the installed connector. Our rim-fire design power cell has a recessed firing pin and other features making it virtually impossible to inadvertently actuate the firing process.
As a part of the BURNDY® Engineered System of coordinating color-coded connections, WEJTAP™ has color-coded markings on the exterior of the wedge allowing for quick, easy identification to match the appropriate tool frame and power cell. WEJTAP™ connectors have been subjected to extensive tests simulating the most severe service and weather conditions including ANSI, NEMA and CSA Class A heat cycle requirements and also the ASTM B117-73 Salt Spray Test; meeting or exceeding all applicable standards.
- Accommodates a full range of run and tap conductors from #8 to 1590 kcmil in all commonly used conductors to meet the needs of electrical distribution systems.
- Color-coded connector, boosters, and tools to assist the installer to make the correct selection.
- WEJTAP™ connectors and boosters can be packed together to ensure correct product selection.
- "Run locator" chamfer is machined into the Wedge at the end of the "large" groove to provide positive visual or/and hand contact identification of the large run groove for correct installation.
- Removable design allows tap removal with minimum conductor damage.
- Tool embosses BURNDY® identifier on end of Wedge to provide system identification.